Borrowed Time

Horde of Bleeding Hollow-PvP
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Heya Borrowed Time
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:42 pm 

Hi BT,

I got back into WoW recently sort of casually and while farting around LFR I couldn’t help but reminisce about Twisting Nether and some of the great people I met in the 6 years I've been on that server. I thought of my time with BT (among others) and felt compelled to say hello. I’d love to hear how you are :)

Emcee – I loved collaborating and brainstorming with you. You were insightful and thoughtful and always made me feel welcome. I took up druid healing for a time in part because of you.
Arihara - You were very funny and talented and I loved drawing our misadventures (particularly the PvP ones!)
Criteas - I wish we could have talked more about economics. I really enjoyed running heroics with you back in 2007 and 2008, and wish I could sit in on some of your classes. Also, I just dig fellow teachers.
Boulder -- You were a great player. While we had some significant differences I respected your talent and benefitted from it. Also, the phrase “go balls deep” often pops in my head before pulling raid bosses now. :P
Nonia - I really liked talking mods with you. Your mutual excitement about how customizable healbot was made geeking out about it extra fun.
Moo - You made boomkims appealing in a strange way… :D (see the sig)
Xan - Thank you for introducing me to Power Auras/Weak Auras all those years ago. Love 'em! Also loved bouncing ideas with you.
Gaspar – a fellow priest who loves Chrono Trigger as much as I do and *almost* made me like Disc healing over Holy. Hope you’re well!

I really could keep going (Faldane! Choni! Ichi!) and I might later but I really just wanted to say hello for now.

I’ve been well. Life’s had ups and downs (bought a home, lost my father to cancer a few months ago, recently landed a great new teaching job) but I’m still a huge gamer and still love drawing.

I dabbled a bit in Guild Wars 2 but I've mostly been following the Wild Star information a lot and am pretty pumped for release. I might try my hand at writing some addons once their API goes public. Anyone else excited/dreading/cynical for this game?

All the best,
Laurei

Post subject: Re: Heya Borrowed Time
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:05 pm 

Hi Laurei!

Always good to hear from old community members. Most of our veteran members have moved on from the WoW chapter of BT, though many pop in from time to time on the forums. I believe of the people you listed, Ichi is the only one that has remained an active member of the core BT raid.

As far as what I've been up to. I left TN after ICC to continue raiding 25 mans in t11 when the guild decided to downsize to 10 man. I retired from serious raiding after a 4-5 month grueling progression push and rejoined the roster casually at the end of t12. Since then, I've retired from the game entirely.

Since then, I've jumped around a bit as far as games are concerned but I have played around with SWTOR, Rift and GW2 as far as mmo's are concerned. We actually have a GW2 chapter on Tarnished Coast. We havn't been terribly active over the last month as many of our members have been really busy irl (myself included) though I would like to establish a casual BT gaming community both on GW2 and possibly in other games in the future as the community we have built here is really awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:01 pm 

Laurei!!! I still have the picture you drew of our characters, I will find it tomorrow and post it.

I actually just retired again from progression raiding. Been playing with a guild over on Stormreaver for almost a year now. Made it to the final couple bosses on heroic before calling it quits due to school. I start student teaching in a couple weeks and I am incredibly nervous about it. Hopefully this time next year I'll have a big girl job.

In terms of other games, I've been considering playing FFXIV, but not sure yet if I will have the time. I don't even think I'll have time to log into WoW more than once or twice a week for the next year or so.

You should add me on realid! amklobuc@oakland.edu

:woot: :woot: :woot: :dance: :dance: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 pm 
Rapsag Fangirl

:lovewcc:

Hi there! I too have pretty much retired from WoW. I still have an active account and pop in once every couple weeks, but I am finding it less and less interesting as time passes. I don't really play any online games much anymore with any regularity, though I did dabble in Defiance for few months and am hoping that it starts to suck less sometime soon. I pop into Diablo every once in awhile, as well. Hit me up: Mellypoo#1973

Outside of the internets, I am doing pretty well. Boyfriend and I will be moving across the state and into a snazzy new house in the coming months. I've lived here all my life, so that is kind of a big deal.

Also, my moonkin butt is still toasty warm <3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:11 pm 

Shiriki -- Hey! I might check you guys out on GW2. That game had a lot of potential, and I never really did more than poke around in it. I played GW1 for years in college and loved it, so it's probably worth it.

Nonia -- Ha! I lost the original in the move so it's cool you still have it :) I lost most of my forum access so I probably won't see it unless it's public. Also, goodluck on student teaching! What grade level or subject area are you going into? Part of my job (aside from instruction) is built around helping new teachers...so if you ever want to talk shop I love doing that. Also, Fred Jones' "Tools for Teaching" is one of the best books I ever read on classroom management. In my first year of teaching I was working close to 80 hours a week and some of Fred Jones stuff helped parse that down.

Mel -- Happy to hear about your bum. I'd have been disappointed otherwise D: Congrats on the house! I'm still getting used to all the problems that came with this one (October to February without hot water in New England :suicide: ....). I actually never heard of Defiance. Is it good?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:52 pm 

Latest sketch in progress

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:52 pm 
Guild Master

Hiya Laurei! Always nice to see past members come back to the forums. :woot:

I updated your forum access so you should be able to see the members and Twisting Nether sections.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:10 pm 

Laurei wrote:
Nonia -- Ha! I lost the original in the move so it's cool you still have it :) I lost most of my forum access so I probably won't see it unless it's public. Also, goodluck on student teaching! What grade level or subject area are you going into? Part of my job (aside from instruction) is built around helping new teachers...so if you ever want to talk shop I love doing that. Also, Fred Jones' "Tools for Teaching" is one of the best books I ever read on classroom management. In my first year of teaching I was working close to 80 hours a week and some of Fred Jones stuff helped parse that down.

I will find it when I get home. It's on my old macbook! And thanks, I'm extremely nervous. I'll be teaching 11th grade English, and possibly a Sociology class. I'm ridiculously nervous, but also excited. I would love to talk with you, I want all the advice I can get haha. I'll look into that book, classroom management is one of the things I'm the most worried about, because sometimes I'm a little bit too laid back and it works against me. My first day to report in is in a week(ish), and school starts on the 3rd. If I said I was freaking out that would be putting it mildly!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:01 am 

I felt it prudent to let you know Laurei since you mentioned criteas that he had passed away a couple years ago.

FOR THE HORDE!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:45 pm 
The Marroc

Hey Laurei!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm doing fantastic, in Austin still, left my job of 9 years for a better situation, and have decided to settle here permanently (buying a house). I quit WoW after WotLK and have been enjoying my time out in the real world with some console gaming sprinkled in for posterity. That's about it in a nutshell :)

Also, hi guys, I just grabbed a newer Tapatalk app and decided to drop in <.<

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:50 am 

I'm saying hi because Laurei sparked my memory so hi.

Please don't ask me to gush about my relationships/time with TNR/BT because it will be like 18 times longer than hers and I will do my goddamned best to make some of you cry.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am 
Absolutely not a special snowflake

Hello!
Aenigma wrote:
Please don't ask me to gush about my relationships/time with TNR/BT because it will be like 18 times longer than hers and I will do my goddamned best to make some of you cry.

Could you gush about your relationship/time with TNR/BT for us please? :awesome:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:19 am 

Only if someone can jog my memory of who it was that tripped and broke their hand. Name escapes me.

I am only asking because I want to offer my condolences. I fell asleep on my left hand a month ago and it's only about 1/4 regained movement. Dem feels.

(also means I can't wasd and my 100wpm went to 35 ):

Anyway I seriously miss you all and my boss and coworkers still play and constantly bug me to but if I ever did, could it ever be with anyone else?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:35 am 
Captain Obvious

I believe that was Tevai during the dark times of the TNR shaman curse. I believe I was the only one who didn't disappear, break a hand crossing a road, break their foot on a sock, or hit a cow with their car.

Also, hi to both you and Laurei!

Also also :faldane: to Rapsag.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:30 pm 

Tevai! I knew it started with a T.

Anyway, I may end up doing the very same thing Laurei did with her own post, to say hi, and explain a little of my situation and say how much I'd like to get back in it with you guys but I've missed this whole xpac along with other releases and now that my hand injury limits me to (barely) two key-presses (more like a hunt-and-peck followed by a hand stretch) I've been jonesing for some kind of MMO action, even to keep my wasd chops up. Considering getting a full gaming mouse.

Had to stop playing Skyrim at level 15 :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 pm 
Absolutely not a special snowflake

FF 14 is launching! :)

Faldane and some other folks are playing some game called Guild Wars 2. :airquote: :faldane:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:58 am 
The Alpha Male

Faldane wrote:
I believe that was Tevai during the dark times of the TNR shaman curse. I believe I was the only one who didn't disappear, break a hand crossing a road, break their foot on a sock, or hit a cow with their car.

Also, hi to both you and Laurei!

Also also :faldane: to Rapsag.

Grimfury also gave himself a fucking concussion tripping on a sock.

Also...mah Nigma!!!

In effect by making the game more 'casual' read: more grindy they managed to alienate both true 'casual' players in that they are playtime limited, and hardcore players who are put off by having their accomplishments diminished, thus resulting in an overall reduction in their subscription numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 pm 

Hey there! Seems forever ago. I don't quite recall what we disagreed on, but that's the effect of time after all. As for me personally been doing well. 2 kids, bought another house, lost a brother to cancer (man, fuck cancer) 3 years ago, and dabbling with Guild Wars 2. The kiddos pretty much remove all ability to play reliably tho.

Hope things keep going good for you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:54 pm 

What up :faldane:

:caster:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:50 pm 

Hey Laurei! Hello Everyone.

Thank you for the thoughtful message. I am in the process of building a new PC and thought about you all and saw this wonderful post. I will be logged into battle.net and hope to connect with you (or anyone) via chat.

Talk to you all soon.

Emcee

J.P. in 'Grandma's Boy': So, maybe I don't know what the Civil War was, or who invented the helicopter even though I own one, but I did beat The Legend of Zelda before I could walk. I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.